Thursday, March 3, 2016

One Chance

"Faster, faster” those were the last words before my world went dark
My name is Joe, two weeks ago I was a normal guy with a normal job and a normal family but all that changed when I heard. My wife was diagnosed with a rare and deadly sickness and without proper treatment she can’t make it.
The doctor told me that without proper funds they couldn’t help her.

“one hundred thousand” that was the price that the doctor had given me.
 Two days had gone by after that, two days of people refusing to help, two days of sadness and helplessness.

Another four days went by before a strange man came to me saying “I believe I can help you”. I was shocked by his proposal “you want me to rob a bank with you, a man whose name is still unclear”.

“The names James and all you have to do is drive the car”.

 I had no choice but to agree to his proposal and help him rob a bank. For three days we planned out the heist and practiced for it. James also introduced me to two people that we would be working with, Sarah and Alex. On the fourth day we went over the plan one last time.

“alright Joe will be waiting out front with the car ready to go, Alex your on crowd control and Sarah and I shall grab the money”.

“how long will you take?” I had asked hoping that it would be over soon.

“we won’t be long, just in and out.” James told me.

The night before the heist I sat in my room and thought about what I was preparing to do. “I shouldn’t do this” I thought “I have to do this”

“Alright everyone you know your jobs, now let’s get to work.” I remember James had said this like it was a daily routine or a way of life.
We all got in the van that had been modified so that it was faster and could hold more weight. We drove halfway across New York before making it to our destination, JP Morgan Chase & Co.

“Alright let’s do this” James, Alex and Sarah got out of the van and headed into the bank.
Ten minutes had passed before they got back into the van and when they did I could hear the sirens of the oncoming police.

“Go, go, go” I took off in a high speed race against the police, driving through alleys and highways. I drove around cars, over ramps and bumps, around street signs and trash cans and many other things.

I saw the cops slow down and started to rejoice then I realized that they stopped because there was a police barricade ahead and there was no way around it.

“Faster, faster” those were the last words before my world went dark

“I think that you know the rest of the story officers” I had been asleep for two days after we drove the van into a police barricade.

“yes, we thank you for your cooperation but you have to come with us now” I was taken to a prison where I thought I would spend the rest of my days in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment